You can recycle the following items in your blue bin or recycling bag. Please place all items loose in the bin - do not put them inside plastic bags:
- Glass (leave lids on glass jars and bottles).
- Cans (do not crush).
- Paper, magazines, newspapers, junk mail, catalogues, phone directories and wrapping paper (non-plastic/metallic).
- Envelopes (including plastic windows).
- Cardboard food boxes and egg cartons (flattened).
- Cereal, cardboard packages (remove plastic padding) and food boxes.
- Toilet or kitchen roll inner cardboard.
- Plastic drinks bottles (keep lids on, do not flatten).
- Plastic shampoo and cleaning bottles.
Your blue bins or recycling bags will not be collected when they contain the following:
- Black bag waste.
- Plastic bags, cling film or plastic padding.
- Metal objects, shredded paper or polystyrene.
- Juice cartons (Tetrapak).
- Food or liquids.
- Yoghurt pots, plastic tubs, food trays or foil containers.
- Textiles, clothes and shoes (take clothes and bric-a-brac to your local charity shop or recycling bank).
- Paint tins (donate leftover paint to your local community repaint scheme).
- Electrical items (take these to your nearest recycling centre or arrange a Bulky Bob collection)
There is NO green bin collection from this site.
Purple Bin - Large Euro bins
Large Euro bins are available on site for household and food waste, and items which cannot be recycled or put in your green bin or compost. Please note: you cannot put electrical items in your purple bin - please book a Bulky Bob collection or visit your local Household Waste Recycling Centre to dispose of electrical goods.
Liverpool City Council currently have no food waste collection so any food, including pet food, should be put in your purple household waste bin.